Saturday, December 5, 2009

Hi, I'm Jennifer!

Hi! I'm Jennifer of JellyBean Stitches.

I'm a 26 (almost 27) year old mother to a 1 year old daughter, and a wife of 3 (almost 4) years. I'm from NJ, my husband is from the UK originally, but he moved to the US to be with me.

By day I'm a high school Spanish teacher, but I'm also certified to teach English as a Second Language and Bilingual Education. I just kept going to school. At night, I do some fiction writing, and I do lots of sewing and quilting. I've been sewing for a long time since my grandmother taught me when I was about 6 or 7, and moved onto quilting a while ago. This year my husband got me a brand new Singer machine, so I'll be having tons of fun with it in the new year.

I think I have craft ADD, I keep trying new things. I cannot figure out knitting or crocheting to save my life. I thought it was because I'm left handed, but I tried one of the "for lefties" books, and still can't get it.

I'm looking forward to this bee! Still thinking on the fabrics I'll be sending out and the block pattern.. I'm just not sure yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment