Saturday, December 5, 2009

Getting to know you - Claire

Hi Everyone!

I'm Claire. I live in Norman, Oklahoma with my husband of 5 years. We both attend the University of Oklahoma and graduate in May (hurray!). Neither of us have started the job search yet, but I'm excited to see where we end up. No kids yet, but I'm getting baby fever, so... maybe within the next year or so.

I am pretty new to sewing. Last year I got a job at my local quilt shop. A friend of mine worked there, but she had just graduated and was moving, so her boss was looking to pass off the job to another college student. It sort of fell into my lap, and I am so glad it did! I didn't own a sewing machine when I started there, but that didn't last long. I now have a growing stash, which I have to keep super organized because we live in an oh so tiny apartment. I also like to knit, read, and cook. I'm really looking forward to not being a homework-laden student, and focusing a bit more time on my hobbies. :)

I have never done a virtual bee before, and I am so excited for this to start. Hope you're all having a great holiday season, I look forward to getting to know everyone!

-Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment