Friday, December 17, 2010

December Blocks...Final month!


Hi all!

Just letting you know that I finally sent out the December blocks on Friday so you should get them this week sometime. I don't expect anyone to do anything until after the Holidays, so you can breathe a little and take your time with them:)

This month we are doing zig zag blocks. They're quite simple, and I have pre-cut all the fabric for you, so that should make it extra easy:)

I also made a tutorial for the blocks and put it on my blog here.

I did the same blocks with my other online group and about half the ladies ran into a problem - they didn't read all the way through the instructions before they started and didn't realize that you need to sew half the pieces one way, and the other half the opposite way. If you read all the instructions first you will be fine - it's really an easy block, really just a variation on flying geese.

I have included enough pieces to make 2 blocks. For each block you will use 4 red rectangles, 4 blue rectangles, and 16 brown squares. I have included a few extra brown squares just in case :) Feel free to substitute any of your own fabrics for mine if you think they will work, and keep the ones you take out.

I love it if you made the HST's I show in the tutorial. You can either keep them or send them back to me - I would definitely use them, but I don't mind if you keep them!

Have fun, and if you have any questions, just let me know!

-Joanna (quiltamomma)
quiltamomma@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment